Goodman Theatre welcomes families to a sensory-friendly/relaxed performance of The Music Man on Saturday, August 10 at 2pm.
In partnership with Autism Speaks-Chicago, sensory-friendly/relaxed performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is intended for families with members who have autism or other social, cognitive and physical challenges that create sensory sensitivities.
Families will also have access to resource materials: social stories, story synopsis, a seating map, etc. to prepare for their visit.
Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 2pm (Doors open at 1:30pm)
To purchase tickets to The Music Man, enter the promo code SENSORY to unlock this performance. Tickets start at $15.
Please note: those without sensory sensitivities or not accompanying those who do are encouraged to attend a different performance.
Accommodations for Sensory-Friendly Performances Include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- House lights remain on at a low level during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater building
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at Goodman Theatre during the day and timing of the performance
- Goodman Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs.
Questions? Contact our Box Office at 312.443.3800 (open 12noon-5pm daily) or email Access@GoodmanTheatre.org for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about our sensory-friendly performances.
SEE ALL FAQS
Please check our site for more upcoming information or sign up for e-mails specific to this performance. For more information please e-mail Access@GoodmanTheatre.org.